Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

The past couple of weeks have been pretty good. Mike started a new job a couple of weeks ago at a company called Clickbank.com. He does customer service and he LOVES it. His building is at the entrance to one of the local parks, it's only minutes from campus, and he has a window seat that overlooks the river! There is a total of about 30 people that work there and so they get to know each other really well. At Mike's old job there was about 25-30 people just on one team and there were about 15-20 teams just in the collection department. His new job has been a pretty big but much needed change.
The week after Mike started his new job was the 5K.
Today is our 4 year anniversary :) I find it hard to believe that it's only been four years but I doubled checked and it's true, it's only been four years. I don't mean that in a bad way. In the past four years we've lived in 3 different apartments. I've had 2 different jobs and 3 if you count being a mom. Mike has had 3 jobs and he's been in school for all that time. We went to Europe for our honeymoon the summer following our wedding. Shortly after we got back from Europe I had a miscarriage. A year after that I was pregnant with Ryleigh. When January 2008 came around I had two aneurysms and Ryleigh was born prematurely. Throughout 2008 I was recovering and we had some things to work through with Ryleigh. Lastly, this past April Ryleigh started chemotherapy. It just seems like all of that should take 10 years to go through, but I know that we have been blessed every day of the past 4 years. I am so grateful for Mike and how caring he is with me and Ryleigh. It's been a good four years.

3 comments:

Lanae said...

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS! You have definitely been through a lot and came out on top. Happy 4th

Melissa said...

Aw, Happy Anniversary to you two! Hope you had lots of fun! :)

Nettie! said...

Happy Anniversary!

BTW - Going through so much in such a short time will make you stronger. Kev and I are so strong because of different big trials we've been through in 9 plus years. Best wishes and many prayers to Reyleigh! She is such a trooper!

Join the cool crowd!!!