Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday night update. 05/02/2008


As you can see, Ryleigh is getting bigger every day. Her face is so expressive. The best part is the fact that she has dimples like her mom and dad. Ry has been such a huge blessing and an even bigger trial. Her eyes are still dark blue, no teeth yet, and she is hitting a lot of important milestones. She can follow moving objects with her eyes, she also turns to sounds. We also have experienced her first smile. She has been known to smile in her sleep but this one was while I was playing with her and she just had a big, dimpled, toothless smile on her face. It was amazing and comforting to know that she recognized me.

This week has been pretty crazy. Working as a bill collector is difficult work. I don't get any enjoyment from my job. I just sit and wait for the next person to call and tell me exactly what's on their mind, while I have to express my sympathies for their hardships. Today I decided to count how many times I hear either a "thank you" or a compliment. After 5 days, averaging 60 calls per day, I had 7.

School's going okay I guess. I only have about 2 weeks left until finals. Fortunately, none of my finals are comprehensive. Also, only 2 of them are tests. the other 2 are a paper and a presentation.

Kristy is doing well. She is still pretty sore and has more healing to do, but she's looking great. She got a new haircut and then let me dye it red. She looks so good, and it was a huge boost to her confidence.

Tonight, the three of us went to see Ironman. It was awesome. The movie was pure enjoyment. Kristy did have a problem with one part where Tony Stark pulled a feeding tube from his nostril. The memory of her own tube removal combined with seeing it on screen nearly made her throw up. Other than that and only two small peeps from Ryleigh, the movie was completely uninterrupted.

We are all looking forward to the weekend. Ry has been sleeping almost 6 hours in a stretch. We love the progress she's making.

Thank you all so much for you prayers and you love. We have definitely felt the your support these last few months. Feel free to leave any comments.

No comments:

Join the cool crowd!!!