Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mike's Finished Bike

Last July I was sitting at home, watching TV, on a Sunday afternoon eating a bowl of Captain Crunch (with crunch berries of course) when I came upon a channel that said it would be airing the Hawaii Ironman Race. I'd never watched one before so I settled in for the show. Watching that race made me fall in love with the sport and the athletes who participate. I decided that I would join the ranks of these amazing people. For the last 8 months, I have been cruising eBay and Craigslist for bike parts. You see, the unfinished frame has been taking up space in Ry's room and I was finally able to complete it this week with the purchase of the Reynold's carbon fork you see. It is now up to me to train and compete. I am really proud to say that this bike is the beginning of an obsession. I am really excited. Wish me luck and strength.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow Mikey nice bike! Have you named it yet? I will think about it and get back to you!

Ben, Alyssa, and Ting-Ting Green said...

That is an awesome bike.

Join the cool crowd!!!